What Can I Put In A Skip?
A skip can be handy when removing unwanted items from your home or office. But before you start throwing everything into it, knowing what you can and cannot put in it is essential. Here’s a guide to help you determine what can be placed in a skip and what should be disposed of elsewhere.
What can I put in a skip?
- Household waste – This includes items such as furniture, toys, clothing, and appliances.
- Garden waste – This includes items such as soil, grass cuttings, branches, and leaves.
- Construction waste – This includes items such as bricks, concrete, rubble, and tiles.
- Commercial waste – This includes items such as office furniture, packaging materials, and cardboard.
- Hazardous waste – This includes items such as batteries, asbestos, chemicals, and paints. However, you should check with your skip hire company first to ensure they can accept hazardous waste.
What can’t I put in a skip?
- Electrical equipment – This includes items such as TVs, computers, and refrigerators. These items contain hazardous materials and harmful gases.
- Medical waste – This includes items such as needles and syringes. These should be disposed of in specialized containers designed for medical waste.
- Gas canisters are extremely dangerous and can’t go into a skip.
- Plasterboard – Many skip hire companies cannot accept plasterboard due to their high disposal costs.
- Chemicals and solvents – There are special containers to dispose of chemicals, solvents and hazardous waste.
However, if you need to dispose of something from the not accepted list, please get in touch with one of our friendly team, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Remember, it’s always best to check with your company before disposing of any items to ensure they can accept them. Also, overloading the skip or putting prohibited items in it could result in additional charges or legal action.
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable skip-hire service, look no further than DJ Hanley’s Waste Collection. We offer a wide range of skip sizes to meet your needs, and we’re always happy to answer any questions you may have about our blog What Can I Put In A Skip, skip hire, and waste disposal.
At Hanley’s, we also offer additional services you can avail of. House and office removals. Storage solutions and much more. For our full range of services, click here.
Here’s how you can get in contact with us:
- Email: You can email us at email@example.com Then, one of our customer service representatives will reply within 24 hours.
- Phone: You can call us at 1800-303-169 (Freephone) or 01-2810416 Monday through Friday, 9 am -5 pm, and Saturday, 10 am -2 pm. If we’re unable to answer your call, please leave a message. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Live Chat: You can also chat with us live on our website. Look for the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.