About this Standard Skip
The standard skip is one of our most popular options, with a large capacity of six cubic yards. This skip will suit large shed and garage clearouts. Also known as a builder’s skip, it will take a lot of household junk. In addition, it takes up the space of a large family car on your driveway.
Once we drop this standard skip, you will have up to three days to fill it. It will take all white household items, including washing machines and fridges. From broken bicycles, children’s toys and even your old bed and mattress. However, please don’t overfill these skips, as our truck won’t be able to lift them. See our list below for what can and can’t go into the standard skips.
What can I put into my Standard Skip?
- Commercial Industrial Waste
- Construction and Demolition Waste
- Electrical Goods such as fridges, freezers, microwaves, televisions, computers, etc.
- Household Furniture & Contents
- Magazines & Brochures
- Mixed Metals
- Mixed Recyclables
- Papers & Paper Products
- Subsoil / Topsoil
- Pottery & china
- Wood and wood products
- Animal Remains or carcasses
- Gas cylinders
- Chemical waste
- Contaminated soil & stones
- Fluorescent light bulbs/lighting
- Hazardous hospital waste (including sharp containers etc.)
- Paints or empty paint tins
- Waste oils
- Photographic waste
- Pressurised vessels (e.g. fire extinguishers)
- Road Sweepings